1. You can always bring your own baby to a baby shower.
2. We’re celebrating all things baby – so no one cares if your child makes a lot of noise, spits up, or is cranky.
3. There are plenty of people ready and willing to hold your child.
4. A baby shower gives you a reason to go through all your baby stuff and pass on all of the things you didn’t use (small diapers, bottles, breast pads, breast pads, & more breast pads…).
5. They remind you of the excitement and anticipation of waiting for your own little Peanut.
6. They also remind you of the sleep-deprivation that you endured for the first three months and how – wow – the sleep you are (or aren’t) getting now actually isn’t that bad.
7. A baby shower post-baby makes you look at your baby that everyone is calling “big” and realize how fleeting the time is.
8. Free cake.
9. It’s a day out so that Hubby has an opportunity to relax (for the first time in a loooong time).
10. Did I mention, free cake?
Congrats Jasmin & Jarret!